Our winners have been announced!
Despite the circumstances, we received some fantastic entries this year, displaying the strength & unity in the pub industry. For almost three decades, the competition has recognised excellence throughout the pub and bar trade, celebrating some of the best operations around.
This year's winners were announced during a premium virtual ceremony held on 30 March 2021, hosted by top comedian Ed Gamble, to celebrate excellence throughout the sector and to mark a year that has been devastating for a trade that was hit first and hardest by the coronavirus outbreak.
Please note, all supporting information submitted to us is treated with the strictest confidence and is used for judging purposes only. For further information on the judging process, click here.
Why should you enter the Publican Awards?
2021 Award Categories
- Best Accommodation Operator – This award will be presented to a pub company that has focused on offering accommodation as a key part of their business. Accommodation will play a significant part in contributing to the company’s profits and helping drive trade.
- Best Brewing Pub Company – This award recognises companies who operate both a successful brewery and a managed or tenanted/leased pub estate or both. The company will have between 2 and 150 pub sites.
- Best Community Operator – The winning company will have a successful pub estate of community focused pubs – community focused meaning trade predominantly targets local rather than destination customers.
- Best Drinks Offer – This award will be presented to a pub company that demonstrates drinks retail excellence, with drink sales a key part of the company’s total profits.
- Best Food Offer – This award will be presented to a pub company that delivers a successful mainstream food offer across their estate, with food a key part of the company’s total sales. This award is open to companies which average food price for a two course meal (Starter/Dessert and Main) is from £12.50 to £25 per head.
- Best Managed Pub Company – This award will be presented to a highly successful managed retail estate, which has shown strong innovation and business performance in the past year.
- Best New Site – The winning pub site will have opened during the past 24 months. The site will either be a new-build pub or substantial re-development and entrants must demonstrate evidence of how effectively trade has been built at the site.
- Best Premium Food Offer – This award will be presented to a pub company that delivers a successful premium food offer across their estate, with food a key part of the company’s total sales. This award is open to companies which average food price for a two course meal (Starter/Dessert and Main) is above £25 per head.
- Best Pub Employer – This award will be presented to the pub company that provides an excellent working environment for employees including comprehensive training, strong staff motivation and benefits and a meaningful career path/ development structure for employees.
- Best Sustainable Pub Company – This award will be presented to a pub company that demonstrates a significant and concerted effort to reduce its waste. This includes the reduction and / or redistribution of food waste; energy reduction and management; plastics and single use items.
- Best Tenanted/Leased Pub Company – This award will be presented to a highly successful tenanted or leased retail estate.
We also have two extra awards:
- Business Leader of the Year – This award will be presented to a pub business leader who has led their company to fantastic success over the last 12 months. Please submit your nominations for this award using the form below.
- Outstanding Industry Contribution Award – This award will be presented to a pub industry figure who has contributed an outstanding amount to the pub community over their career.
If you have any questions regarding the entry or judging process, please contact Hazel Batchelar on 01293 846551 or email email@example.com
What our customers say...
"Entering The Publican Awards is not taken lightly with countless hours spent scrutinising whether you have done enough to warrant an entry. It's a process that allows you clarity in your vision, focus on your strategy and guidance as to hoe you move it forward"
"I have received many grateful notes from those we invited who thoroughly enjoyed the whole evening, as I did. I hope that some of them may think of entering the Awards next year"
"Thank you so much for such a fabulous evening at last night's awards. It really was a wonderful evening - congratulations to all your team for organising such a wonderful event."
"Firstly - well done on yet another brilliant Publican Awards. Though the event was very good. Food was excellent - best ever - and thought the drinks reception was exceptional. We were obviously delighted to pick up our two awards!"
"I just wanted to congratulate you on a fantastic Publican Awards and thank you very much for my invite. It was a thoroughly enjoyable evening and well executed as ever. Excellent food and really great selection of drinks."